We are an online Shipping service intermediary and through our website we offer comparison services in relation to a number of shipping and marine insurance products and services. Some of these products and services are offered via third party websites
which are linked to via our website. Where this is the case you will be bound by the third party’s terms and conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, “we”, “our” and “us” means shipping supermarket Limited and “you” and “your” means any person who uses our website. Where we refer to “Company” we mean Shipping supermarket Ltd
If you are unsure about any aspect of these Terms & Conditions, or have any questions regarding our relationship with you, please contact us.
- About our Shipping & Marine insurance services
We provide an independent and online Shipping and Marine insurance products search engine that has been designed to save you time and money. Not only do we strive to find you the most competitive quotes for Shipping and Marine insurance services, we also aim to provide you with the information you need to make an informed choice on which service or policy best suits your needs.
We provide a platform that allow you to compare Shipping Services and Marine insurance products from a range of third party companies.
We will ask you some questions and produce a list of quotations based on the answers you give and provide the information you need to help decide which is the right policy or product/service for you is. This will enable you to make your own choice about how to proceed. We don’t offer advice or make recommendations.
- How are we paid?
You will not be charged for using our website. Instead the companies you are requesting quotes from pay us a monthly fee to receive quotes from you the user of our website.
Shipping Supermarket Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company number 11913627) and our registered address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU, United Kingdom.
Our permitted business is advising, arranging and making arrangements with a view to transactions in shipping services and marine insurance
Use of our website
- Our website allows you to access our independent online service which compares a number of shipping services and Marine insurance products and services.
- Unauthorised use includes (but is not limited to) breach of copyright, processing multiple quotes for other customers or companies, and other companies checking their prices against those presented on this website.
iii. You are not permitted to do anything that may affect the security of our website or any information or material stored within it.
What are your responsibilities?
- You may not operate any link to our website without our first obtaining our written permission. Any such permission may be revoked without notice and we reserve the right to require you to remove any link immediately and at any time.
- Insurance obligations
We / third party companies will provide you with quotations based on the information you have provided . Where we ask questions to help source quotations, you are responsible for
- Answering all questions honestly, completely and to the best of your knowledge, and for ensuring that any assumptions made are correct.
- Failure to do so may lead to your shipping service having additional charges at the time of the shipment tacking place . You may also be liable for any third party costs in the event that misleading or incorrect information has been supplied by you.
- a) In order to accept a quotation provided by a freight company you have received a quotation from, all you need to is contact the company by phone or email
- b) Before purchasing a policy it is extremely important that all the information you have supplied to the freight / insurance company is accurate.. Neither we nor any freight forwading / insurance providers will check this information for you. Again, failure to do this may lead to additional charges.
- c) It is important that you read the freight forwarders / marine insurance company’s terms and conditions to check that you understand and agree with them. The Freight forwading / insurance company’s terms and conditions are not the same as ours and they will be the terms you agree to when you accept a quotation.
- d) It is important that you read all insurance & shipping documents issued to you and ensure that you are aware of the cover / service being provided , limits and other terms that apply. Failure to comply with the insurer’s / Freight Forwarder terms and conditions could invalidate your agreement with them .
- e) You should also check that all your details on the shipping documents /insurance policy documents are correct, including any assumptions that may have been made on your behalf by the insurer. If the information supplied by you is not correct, it is your responsibility to notify the Freight / insurance company. Failure to inform the insurer of any errors or missing information could invalidate your freight quotation / insurance policy.
- Other obligations
- a) You must keep your password confidential and it must not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. You are solely responsible for all use of your account on our website.
- b) You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to it.
We set ourselves very high standards and do our utmost to maintain these high standards in everything we do. In rare situations where you may feel those standards have not been maintained we would like you to tell us as this is the only way we will be able to improve our service.
How do you do this?
Click here to use our online contact forms
or contact us in the following ways:
In Writing: Shipping Supermarket Limited
29 Britannia House ,
Base Business Park
Telephone: 01633 654 019
Please note that our office opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm, excluding bank holidays. Calls may be recorded for training, quality and monitoring purposes.
If your complaint relates to an insurance company or Marine insurance policy, we will let you know that we have forwarded your complaint to the insurance company and will supply you with their contact details. The insurance company will then reply to your complaint directly.
A summary of our internal process for dealing with complaints, which outlines how we will handle your complaint both promptly and fairly.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and in the material published on it. This includes, but is not limited to, all trademarks, logos, business names, trading names, design rights, database rights, copyright and any other intellectual property rights.
- You may print, download or store extracts from our website provided always that:
- It is used solely for your personal, non-commercial use;
- You will not copy, transmit or distribute them without our prior written approval;
- All copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained within the original material;
- You acknowledge that all images displayed on our website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the prior written consent of their respective owner(s);
- No logos, trade marks or service marks displayed on our website may be printed or downloaded, except as part of the text of which they form part;
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, logos, designs or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; and
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of our website.
iii. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and without notice. You should therefore check these Terms and Conditions each time you visit our website.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is subsequently considered to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable then that provision should be treated as having been deleted without affecting the validity of the remaining terms.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales and the
Membership Subscription Refund Policy
All refunds will be posted back to the credit or debit card on which the Membership
subscription was purchased. To contact us, please click here
You may cancel a free trial anytime during the free trial period and incur no charge. For all initial purchases of Membership subscriptions longer than one month, you may cancel during the first 30 days (calculated from the date of purchase plus the free trial period, if applicable) and receive a full refund. If the cancellation occurs after the first 30 days, you won’t be eligible for a refund. If you cancel your Membership subscription but are not eligible for a refund, you’ll retain access to the Membership subscription until it expires.
For renewals of Membership
subscriptions longer than one month, cancel within 30 days of the renewal date to receive a full refund. No refund is available for monthly Membership subscriptions.
To cancel your Membership
subscription, visit your account page on shippingsupermarket.com
and click Cancel.
To cancel via email, please complete the required fields in this form
and include the following information in the description field:
- Email address used when subscribing
For more information, review our Terms and Conditions.